Abridged Curriculum Vitae
(A) Current Posts:
Consultant specialising in eyelid, lacrimal, socket and orbital disorders, Moorfields Eye Hospital.
Editor in Chief, Orbit Journal.
Treasurer of the European Society of Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ESOPRS)
Immediate past Treasurer of The British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS)
Trustee, and Chair of the Clinical Governance Committee,
The St John Eye Hospital Group
(B) Qualifications and achievements
2009 : MD, University of London
2001 : MA (Physiology, Oxford)
2000 : Iris Fund Millennial Award for Research into the Causes of Blindness
1996 : Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
1991 : BM BCh (Oxford)
1988 : BA (Hons) Physiology (Oxford)
(C) Pre and Post Graduate Medical Training
2004 : Appointed Consultant, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
2003 – 2004 : Fellow, Adnexal Surgery; Moorfields Eye Hospital, London
2002 – 2003 : Fellow, Adnexal Surgery; Kent County Ophthalmic & Aural Hospital.
1995 – 2002 : Honorary Research Associate; Rayne Institute, St Thomas’ Hospital.
1998 – 2002 : Specialist Registrar in Ophthalmology; South East Thames Rotation.
1994 : SHO & Research Fellow; St John Ophthalmic Hospital, Jerusalem.
1992 – 1995 : SHO posts: A & E, Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology
1992 : House Surgeon; House Physician
1985 – 1991 : Medical training at Oxford University
1979 – 1984 : Winchester College
(D) Publications Download
Co-author of 75 peer-reviewed manuscripts and book chapters
(E) Membership of professional/national/regional bodies
- General Medical Council (3546167)
- Medical Protection Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- The Orbital Society
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (Treasurer)
- International Society of Ocular Oncology
- European Society of Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- European School for Advanced Studies in Ophthalmology
(Faculty, http://www.esaso.org/verity-david-h/ )
- Thames Oculoplastic Group
- Moorfields Surgeons Association
- Worshipful Society of Apothecaries (Livery Committee)
- Hospitaller for Surrey, St John Eye Hospital
Ophthalmic representative for the National Facial Oral and Oculoplastic Research Study Centre (NFORC)